Monday, November 24, 2008

Sea Chicken

Sea Chicken I
8"x 10" oil on canvas board

I had fun with this one. I had a dream a long long time ago that I lived in the sea, and my Sea Chickens were blooming. I have always wanted to paint one of them. My chickens always have a pigeon-ish quality about them... Hubby says its the thick neck. I think he is right.

It was still fun. And I still like the finished piece.

I worked this one in a very different way than I usually do. I started out with a canvas board painted red. I mixed a very dark color to draw with and started doodling. I had to make some minor changes to the drawing during the painting process, but I think it worked because I liked the overall composition. Having everything drawn out in big dark lines just begged the kid in me to color it!

It was fun.

1 comment:

Perform said...

Hey, Sara,
this painting looks like so much fun! Named you for an award on my blog posted Nov. 27th...