Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I made some changes...


I made a little adjustment to the reflections of the red boat and white boat. I was trying to figure out why the blue boat's reflection worked, but the others didn't. I think it was because the reflections of the red and white boats were too close in color to their floating counterparts. The lights needed to be a wee bit darker, and the darks needed to be a wee bit lighter. There is a rule there, but I cannot remember for sure... I'll have to look it up.

Oh! and I goofed on the post below... I meant to say the blueish boat to the left, not the right. Oops.

Hmmm... The red boat seems to have its nose on the dock... I'll have to paint it again sometime and see if I can make it sit on the water where it is supposed to be.

1 comment:

Beverly Sams said...

Hi, Sara!

I love this painting of the boats. I get to a marina and I think "wow, I'd love to paint here" but then I get bogged down in all the surroundings. You've done a wonderful job of narrowing the focus a bit and just concentrating on a small area at a time. One of life's lessons, I'd say!