Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunset Clouds II

Sunset Clouds II
16" x 20"
Oil on Stretched Canvas
Click here to purchase.

Finished.
This is painting #3 in my Cloud series. I like it.

I realize it is not a very original title, but I figure the painting has enough personality to make up for a simple name. I really like the way this one turned out. I think the larger canvas suits a skyscape. Ooo! imagine a huge huge painting of clouds. Mmmmmm.... like a 5 foot x 6 foot canvas all painted red and waiting to be smothered in stormy sunset clouds. That sounds like fun!


Woohoo! My reference photos came in! I am spastically excited. AND!!! My shipment of canvases came in. Could there be any bigger inspiration to paint?

7 comments:

Ilyn said...

I love it, something amazing about how beautiful nature can be.

Mrs.Goates said...

This is amazing! The colors are striking and really bring out how amazing clouds can be!

Kerri Settle said...

Wow, this is a really beautiful painting. The colors just sing!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

lovely painting Sara! Grand use of colour!!!

Jeffrey

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

Really good work.
I like the firey tones and the perspective.

Best regards,

José

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous painting! I'm off to explore the rest of your blog. Love your work. So glad I found you!

Sharlette White said...

Nice painting. I have been exploring your blog and I am curious as to where you came up with the crimson base coat and why.