Friday, July 17, 2009

Enchanted Rock Project- WIP

This was my first attempt at painting Enchanted Rock. The colors are way off and the dome looks like a giant potato. I am going to rework it using Enchanted Rock Shadows and some reference photos I took as a guide.

Tomorrow Mom, Soren and I are heading to Austin to run some errands, have lunch at Whole Foods, and check out Plein Air Austin's "In the Plein Air Tradition: Art on Location" show. I love Austin! I have been able to see (in person) more incredible art in the past six weeks than I have in the past year.

3 comments:

Stephen Parker said...

Sara,
No potatoes in site, as far as I'm concerned. I really like the strong chunks of color in all your work.

I hope to see you at another paintout soon -- maybe PAA will be out in Fredericksburg soon. It's beautiful out there.

Linda said...

Beautiful work Sara.Lindax

Sharlette White said...

Oh my gosh Sara, I was there also! Can't believe we were at the same place at the same time!
I've been in Austin visiting my daughter. She lives in Steiner Ranch. I met laurel Danials and Martha Ruth. I was going to go and paint with them on Saturday, the 25th, but I didn't get back in time. How funny that our paths crossed and we didn't even know it.