Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Middle Creek View

Middle Creek View
6" x 8"
oil on canvas board

I have been concentrating on my brushwork and portraying distance. I adjusted some of the colors on this one last night. The distant hills were so dark, they were barely distinguishable from those in front of them.

I have always been intimidated by the thought of putting down the paint and leaving it, but its actually a lot of fun! A challenge. Challenge is good. Plus it forces me to concentrate on the exact color I want to put down.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sarah, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing what you learnt at the workshop - very useful points.

Erin said...

This is beautiful. I know what you mean about laying down color and leaving it. I have a tendancy to overwork my paint, but am learning all the time about placing the paint where I want it the first time around. I feel like you are already very good at that though...