Thursday, April 16, 2009

WIP- #1 in my "Barns of the Palouse" series

So here I am starting a new series when I still have two others open. Lately I don't care much for working on more than one a painting at a time. It bothers me to have unfinished paintings lying around.

But a series is something different I think... As long as there are not more open than I can handle at one time. I had a request for a particular cloud painting, but I wanted to do something smaller as a bit of a pick-me-up. Sometimes I need to just whip a painting out in a day or two so I feel like I am getting loads of work done! The clouds, I think, really need to be on a larger canvas, 16" x 20" at least.

Last fall the hubby, child, and I drive around the Palouse in search of barns. I had a map of the area to mark where the barns were, took photos of the barns, then numbered and labeled the barns in a sketchbook with descriptions of lighting and places to set up for plein air painting. It was so much fun!

1 comment:

L.Holm said...

Sounds like a very fun trip. I can never seem to sketch when I'm traveling with friends or family. I admire your dedication and productivity.