Saturday, May 23, 2009

Progress? Aaarrgh!

It always gets me when I drag my feet.

So here is what happens.... I let a painting sit on my easel for more than two days without hitting it hard. I feel like I am not making any progress... which I am not, because I am not taking the time to paint, and frustration sets in because dog-gonnit, this painting is just not painting itself! What is up with that!?!

I am incredibly intimidated by these greyish shrubs. So I stall. Part of me wishes little elves would come and fix the shrubs on my painting in the night so when I wake up, everything will be perfect and la-la.

Sigh.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i would just like to say...that this painting as it is right now..looks kind funky and cool!!! what looks unfinished to you looks very geometric, abstract yet hauntingly COOL!!!!!