Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Virtual Paint Out, Paris- WIP


Here's the start for my Paris painting. I started it yesterday and the sketch went fast. I had to make a few tiny adjustments, but I like the composition. I wanted to post it yesterday, but couldn't find a charged battery in the house. Isn't that just the way? I realized my dilemma after a frantic attempt to get a photo of an incredible cloud formation that was tearing across the sky just outside of my apartment.

Stepping it up- there are actually people in the picture! Ooooo! I haven't painted people in a very long time. These guys are so indistinguishable, I'm hoping they will still read as people even though I plan to do very little modeling on them. I am trying to keep this painting pretty loose- big brushes!

I am really excited about this painting. Makes me want to learn French and take a painting trip. Someday, I want to go on one of those painting "tours" with a mass of other painters.

Mmm... dream vacations....

No comments: